Your Guide to a Perfect First Time Wax
It’s Just a Wax
Everyday we get new clients that are nervous about getting waxed for the first time. We all have heard the horror-stories about painful waxes and other mess-ups, which consequently deters others from giving it a try. To those of you who can relate, we want to say it’s okay. Wax has been used for a millennia; since the ancient Egyptians used it to remove hair, and after hundreds of years it’s still one of the prominent services used in the beauty industry, by both women and men. For first timers: know that it will hurt but it won’t last for too long, the pain will get less as you continue waxing. And If you have had a bad experience give it a try at Pia Day Spa, only warning, you could get addicted to this wonderful service results.
We want to make sure your experience is as comfortable and less painful as possible. Here is our advice.
Before Your Appointment
- Length Matters: A quarter-inch / 2 weeks growth it’s the ideal, this will ensure no excessive ”pulling” is needed. Have it longer than that? No worries! – you can always trim it to the desired length.
- For very sensitive Skin: We recommend pain relievers like Tylenol or Advil, 30-60 minutes before hand.*
- No Scream Cream: (find it at the Spa $19.50) Make sure you apply it 45 minutes before your appointment. Tip: cover the area with saran paper so it doesn’t get messy, our techs will remove and clean the area when your service starts. *
**This products are not required but recommended to make your experience less painful.
Your Comfort it’s Our Priority
We provide disposable underwear so you won’t be completely uncovered. Years of Experience is our must, our technicians have been doing this for years, using Pia’s unique techniques, and they will do their best to suit your needs and make you feel comfortable.
The After: Because You’ll Be Back
We are confident you will love the results so much you will come back. Here are a some last tips for a smooth bare skin.
- Apply Finipil (find it at the Spa $18.50) this antiseptic cream destroys germs, cools and soothes the skin after being exposed to hair removal services.
- Tend Skin ( find it at the Spa $22) to eliminate ingrown hairs and redness as well.
- Make Exfoliation a Priority: This will not only remove all the death skin but will also make it easier and less painful to exit the hair on your next visit. We recommend Crystal Peel Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Soap Bar (find it at the Spa $26) , a good Bath Mitt (By Supracor $34) and last but not least Pure Fiji Body Scrub (find all the collection at the Spa $44).
- How long Before your Next Visit? For maintaining a good bare we recommend 3-4 weeks. Make sure you book your appointment ASAP so you can find the day and time that works best for you.